Report of the eGaaS team
December 22, 2016 — January 22, 2017
Costs in the period: $25 000
Advertising video of the eGaaS platform
Software applications of the eGaaS platform
Application for conducting polls
The Blockchain Party of the Netherlands decided to use eGaaS in the pilot mode to collect public opinion and subsequently represent it at the national Parliament.
Link to the code of the “Voting” application (smart contracts and interface)
System of general voting
Beta system of general voting has been developed and implemented, which includes
- setting the type of elections (presidential, representatives to the legislative authority);
- setting deadlines for the election campaign in accordance with the established smart laws (deadline for candidates, time of start and end of voting);
- ensuring not falsifiable voting through mobile apps or PCs of citizens;
- vote counting and identifying the winners with their recording in the register of elected posts.
System of adoption of amendments in the legislative authority
Beta system of adoption of amendments to the existing smart laws has been implemented, which provides:
- Tabling a smart law preserving the history of all revisions in blockchain;
- Voting for the amendment and counting the results of votes;
- Signing the adopted amendments by the chairman of the legislative assembly using a special contract-signature, after which the old smart law is replaced with a new one.
Link to the code of the “General election and voting in the legislative authority” application (smart contracts, smart laws and interface)
Beta version of a business application has been developed, which provides the following functions
- Company registration with opening an account with the bank on the site;
- Putting the company’s products on the product register;
- Control of products requiring the state certification by a smart law and automatic sending of the application to the appropriate authority, certificate issuance;
- Trade transactions between companies, with a smart law controlling availability of the certificate for the purchase of a particular product by the enterprise;
- Automatic tax deduction by a smart law from each trade transaction.
Link to the code of the “Business” application (smart contracts, smart laws and interface).
The following apps have been added:
- Currency exchange;
- Property registry;
- Monetary system.
All these applications will be improved and complemented by new functionality.
Software platform and language of the smart contracts
Language of the smart contracts and the interface description
The following system additions have been implemented:
- Contracts have been completely separated from interface forms;
- System of enabling access to the data and contracts through special contract-signatures has been developed;
- Export of contracts, tables, pages with the creation of the imported applications has been implemented (code1, code2);
- System of translating the interface terms into the languages for which dictionaries are available has been implemented, with the ability to export dictionaries.
The following function sets have been added:
- Retrieval of the global (cross-platform) smart contracts;
- Display of graphic charts;
- Entering and formatting the data types: date, time, money, addresses, decimals;
- Comparison of time;
- Construction of a multi-level menu;
- Formatting of the form buttons;
- Conditional operators for the arrangement of content for pages.
Editor of the smart contracts and the interface pages
Functionality of the editor of the contracts and the interface has been significantly expanded. The following has been added:
- Ability to format the code;
- Keywords highlighting;
- Automatic typing of either a single word of a small piece of code;
- Editing history with the ability to restore previous versions.
Platform design and interface
The platform design has been significantly changed:
- Head for mobile devices has been improved;
- Back navigation has been added;
- A multi-level menu adapted for mobile devices has been implemented;
- Tables have been fully optimized for mobile devices.
Blockchain technology offers many benefits to both public and private spheres.
Blockchain technology could make the ballot vote a thing of the past, removing security risks associated with online voting, as well as the costs that come with dealing with the overload of traffic and data it generates.
With a whole host of benefits to be gleaned from blockchain technology in particular, there’ll be more start-up businesses competing with one another, and joining forces with system integrators to develop offerings that fully use this technology for the better.
- Democratising data: why the public sector is banking on blockchain. 19 January 2017 // information age
UAE state becomes first to place technology behind bitcoin at the heart of administration — while Singapore forms new agency to support digital services.
UAE’s minister of cabinet affairs and the future, Mohammed al Gerwagi, said: “Users will only need to log in their personal data or business credentials once, which will then be updated and verified in a timely manner through the blockchain network in all government and private entities, including banks (and) insurance companies.”
“Technology is playing a disruptive role in many sectors, and government must tap on it in new ways to deliver better value to citizens,” said Jacqueline Poh, the new body’s chief executive.
The National Science Foundation (NSF) is seeking to fund research into how technologies like blockchain can improve the resiliency of cyber-infrastructure.
According to a grant proposal solicitation initially released last year and updated at the start of 2017, the NSF is looking to fund research to the tune of $8.5m. The agency is looking to grant between seven and nine awards of up to $1m apiece.
- National Science Foundation to Fund Blockchain Security Research. Stan Higgins | Published on January 10, 2017 // CoinDesk
Blockchain is an “important technology” given its potential impact on the global financial system, Federal Reserve chief Janet Yellen said today.
- Fed Chair Yellen: Blockchain is an ‘Important Technology’. Stan Higgins | Published on January 18, 2017 // CoinDesk
The research arm of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), India’s central bank, has completed an end-to-end blockchain technology test involving regulators, banks, financial institutions and clearinghouses, the Economic Times reports.
RBI’s Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology (IDRBT) developed and tested a proof of concept (PoC) for a blockchain-based trade finance application, with the active participation of National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), banks and solution providers.
- Indian Central Bank Research Institute Completes Blockchain Test. Jan 17, 20175 by Giulio Prisco // Bitcoin Magazine
China’s central bank has reportedly tested a blockchain-based digital currency.
According to a report by Caixin yesterday, the People’s Bank of China (PBOC) completed a trial on 15th December in which it demoed how transactions and settlements might take place via a custom distributed ledger system.
- China’s Central Bank is Testing a Blockchain-Backed Digital Currency. Pete Rizzo| Published on January 26, 2017 // CoinDesk